||Business Systems Analyst
||Non-instructional Academic Staff
||$50,000 - $70,000
|Terms of Employment:
||This position is accountable to the Director of Information Services and is responsible for designing, implementing, integrating, and supporting specialized enterprise applications and business processes. Work assignments require knowledge of enterprise information applications, process improvement techniques and tools, and IT service design.
Responsibilities for the individual in this position include planning, integration, and implementation of information applications that are critical to campus functions and institutional mission, where problems will adversely impact large or critical groups of constituents.
This individual works under general guidance and supervision, demonstrating proficiency and independence. The individual works closely with faculty, staff, and administrative constituents to design and implement solutions using a range of tools and platforms. The individual will support multiple specialized applications and serve as subject matter expert.
Analyze and Design (40%)
1. Gather and catalog functional, non-functional, and technical requirements for change requests.
2. Develop system specifications, performance metrics, and project plans.
3. Configure, test, vet, and deploy solutions to meet functional-area needs.
4. Lead or participate in continuous improvement processes.
5. Determine appropriate methods, techniques, and tools for maintaining information applications.
6. Document process, procedures and workflows associated with specialized applications.
7. Ensure application modifications follow established change management processes.
8. Serve as subject matter expert in the design of new and updated services.
9. Build and maintain disaster recovery and continuation of operations plan documents for the supported services.
Maintain specialized applications (40%)
1. Determine the impact of modifications and enhancements on the information application.
2. Establish timelines for upgrades and system changes.
3. Identify, document and troubleshoot application related problems.
4. Assist users and technical staff with application testing and troubleshooting.
5. Ensure the application is in compliance with campus information security policies as well as federal, state, and contractual requirements.
6. Maintain current knowledge of available products to meet functional-area requirements.
7. Evaluate new technologies and recommend application changes to accommodate these new technologies.
8. Monitor the performance of the applications, ensuring the service meets service level agreements.
9. Create, maintain and present training materials for end-users.
General Administrative (20%)
1. Inform the Director of Information Services of application and functional-area issues.
2. Submit regular status updates to the Director of Information Services on project statuses and service metrics.
3. Maintain currency in the technical field of expertise through professional development.
4. Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, technology or a related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more specialized enterprise information applications or platforms.
- Communication skills both oral and written that are professional, effective, sensitive and clear.
- Effectively design and implement changes in information systems or processes to meet the functional, non-functional, and technical requirements of the stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly organize and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to learn new applications or complex subject matters quickly and effectively.
- Ability to think critically and analyze complex or technical information.
- Strong orientation to customer service for a diverse campus community.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Certifications in project management (PMP), business analysis (CBAP, CCBA, PMI-PBA), facilitation (CMF,IAF-CPF)
- Proficiency in the use of information applications such as ImageNow, Salesforce CRM, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or related tools and platforms.
- Experience designing and planning functional-area solutions using specialized applications.
- Experience integrating specialized applications into an enterprise information system such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience in LEAN process improvement.
- Experience in ITIL service design.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Contact information for 3 professional references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by May 24, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.