Provides Human Resources (HR) support to college(s) and/or work unit(s) in the areas of recruitment, payroll, benefits and employment relations. This position will ensure compliance and timely and accurate HR processing in addition to strategic support as a human resources business partner. This position may assist with campus and/or work unit operational policy development.
The HR Generalist will provide human resources (HR) support to assigned units across the university. This position provides high quality, responsive support while ensuring compliance and timely and accurate HR processing. The HR Generalist also provides strategic support as a human resources business partner. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative team within the Department of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
· Provides consultation, performs analytics, and/or maintains personnel files, communications, and materials for work unit through various mediums.
· Executes and audits work transactions and changes adhering to established policies and procedures to meet anticipated deadlines.
· Receives, responds to, and resolves employee questions and problems.
· Represents unit/program at institutional workshops, informational meetings, and training sessions.
· Contributes to the development, implementation, interpretation, and revision of work unit Human Resources policies and procedures according to institutional and legal rules and regulations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
· Past work experience in Human Resources or related field
· Previous experience with HRIS or similar software systems
· Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
· Ability to maintain discretion and the highest ethical and professional standards while dealing with confidential information
· Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented environment with quickly shifting priorities
· Strong initiative and ability to remain adaptable to different situations and changes
· Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
· Three (3) or more years of experience in Human Resources or related field
· Previous work experience in a college or university setting
· Previous work experience with HRIS systems
· Related HR certifications such as PHR or SHRM-CP
· Current knowledge and application of HR best practices and regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, DOL, FLSA, EEOC, ADA, HR policy and process
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by Sunday, January 28, 2024 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.