As a member of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh undergraduate recruitment and enrollment team this position provides administrative support in the processing and review of applications for admission and assists in the recruitment of future Titans.
We are specifically seeking candidates who exhibit the following traits :
Growth Mindset: Seek out innovative solutions that create efficiency and maximize resources. Have a natural curiosity to learn and desire to grow, with an intentional focus on creating positive change.
Connection: A genuine commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion that results in others feeling heard, understood, and valued. The desire to continuously develop opportunities, and nurture relationships, that benefit those we serve and the university.
Flexibility: Willingness to alter perspectives and practices to achieve the best outcome for students, our team, and the university. Understand that change is an on-going process and ensure the most pressing needs of the team are put first.
Service: Seek out opportunities to anticipate needs and offer assistance to others. Strong belief in the value of higher education and the life changing power of a degree from UWO. Commitment to a high level of integrity, professionalism, and pride in our work.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
- Processes incoming applications and accompanying transcripts, test scores, recommendation letters, and other credentials.
- Enter data from application into various admissions systems.
- Execute daily data imports into a variety of systems.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of data via regular quality checks and other methods.
- Serves as back-up coverage for the admissions reception front desk answering phones and assisting prospective students and families as needed.
- Troubleshoot data and system errors to ensure data integrity.
- Respond to questions about the status of a student’s application via telephone and email.
- Review, evaluate, and responds to student applications according to established policies and procedures.
- Complete mail merge, printing, and mailing process of various admissions communications.
- Take responsibility for developing an understanding of the admissions and enrollment process in order to assist other staff and students.
- Provide excellent customer service in person, on the phone, including voicemail, and via email.
- Manage student change requests including major, campus, term, information, and application cancellation.
- Support campus event days as needed.
- Coordinate specific projects as assigned by director or assistant directors.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by January 31, 2024 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.