||$38,000 - $47,000 per year
|Terms of Employment:
||Annual, fixed-term renewable
The marketing specialist contributes to strategy development and implements marketing projects in support of institutional or unit marketing goals.
Reporting to director of marketing, the marketing specialist will serve as an integral member of the University marketing and communications (UMC) team. This position will be responsible for supporting UMC’s strategy by working with campus stakeholders to produce high-quality marketing materials.
The marketing specialist will serve as an account liaison for various departments at the University and will meet with stakeholders to assess marketing needs and opportunities, conduct research, recommend strategy, analyze campaign effectiveness through data, and produce marketing deliverables.
In addition to marketing coordination, the position will contribute to the content strategy of the University through the contribution of copy for marketing, including web, social networks, newsletters, advertising and e-communication.
The marketing specialist will champion the institution’s marketing strategy, develop best practices, maintain high standards of copywriting and content production, and serve as a project manager. This includes providing creative direction, and collecting, analyzing, preparing and summarizing data and trends relevant to ongoing or future marketing activities.
Regular hours for this position are 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday. This position may be eligible for a hybrid on-campus/remote work schedule.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
Standard Job Responsibilities:
• Develops, implements, and maintains strategic marketing plans based on research and established strategies
• Develops, implements, and disseminates marketing materials through various communication mediums utilizing appropriate technologies and techniques
• Collects, analyzes, prepares, summarizes, and disseminates data and trends relevant to ongoing or future marketing activities
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Marketing project management and production (80%)
- Respond to project requests by meeting with department stakeholders and assessing marketing needs and opportunities
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Conduct market research to find answers to and solutions related to consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Serve as manager and writer/editor of projects assigned
- Conduct interviews and research as needed
- Organize and facilitate client meetings/presentations
- Collaborate with designers, photographers, videographers, vendors and marketing director to complete high quality projects on time
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, mail, email, digital campaign, etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Implement individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned.
- Update University webpages with new content on an ongoing basis.
- Plan, develop and deploy email marketing plans
- Preparation of marketing and communications content (20%)
- Propose and execute marketing content, working closely with other writers, photographers/videographers and social media team members
- Plan, write and edit marketing content for digital and print
- Assist editorial team with story idea generation from account areas
- Produce stories, copy blocks, and other communications content (typically in connection with assigned marketing projects or client areas)
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or closely related field
- Thorough understanding of marketing activities (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media etc.) and market research methods
- Knowledge of web-based marketing tools and content management systems
- Creative marketing and communications content generation, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Experience developing marketing materials for internal and external audiences
- Organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- About 1 year of experience working as a marketing project manager or similar capacity
- 3 years of marketing experience
- Experience with email marketing through services like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Constant Contact, Marketo or similar platform
- Experience in a professional role within higher education
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application: cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by June 12, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.