Plans, schedules, documents, and supports service delivery for events using established policies and procedures to meet customer need and ensure event compliance with institutional policy.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
1. Plans, schedules, documents, and supports service delivery for events using established policies and procedures to meet customer need and ensure event compliance with institutional policy.
2. Communicates with customers to determine event details and requirements, evaluates requests, recommends service plans and pricing, and provides status updates.
3. Schedules logistics and secures resources for all aspects of events including space, vendors, and staff; and coordinates details and resolves operational issues.
4. Monitors and processes event related transactions and event data and records.
5. Greets customers/guests, assists with registration, answers questions, and refers complex issues to appropriate entities.
6. Assists with planning and the creation of promotional materials and resources for events.
7. Serves as a member of the Residence Life Conference Services core staff team, and in this role actively participates in conference services decision making, student staff onboarding and training, and all aspects of participation in a team setting within the work place.
8. Serves as a member of the Residence Life Conference Services on call staff, which is a shared responsibility among all members of the core team.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application: Cover letter, resume, and three professional references with their contact information.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by March 23, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.