Serve as the primary administrative assistant for the UWO Athletic Band Program (Titan Thunder Marching Band and Bolt Pep Band). Provide program support to the Director of Athletic Bands and additional program support as needed within the Department of Music. Occasional weekend, evening, and outdoor work may be required.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
• Oversees annual budget, including state and foundation accounts (monitoring expenditures, verifying and reconciling accounts, preparing and processing POs and invoices, purchase of materials, and PCard use)
• Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, providing basic organizational information via phone, in person, and electronic media
• Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, travel, and program operations
• Collects, analyzes, and prepares various communication materials
• Maintains organizational systems and records related to program operations, equipment, and supplies
• Assists with performance day logistics and operations of the ensembles
• Contributes to the outreach, marketing, and recruiting goals of the program and department
• Three years of experience in an administrative or similar position
• Use of computer-based financial and information systems for budget and data management
• Customer service and organizational skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Previous work experience in an educational setting
• Associate’s degree or higher
• Work experience with budgets and/or finance in higher education, including WISER
• Work experience in an arts or music environment
• Strong initiative to solve problems; Capacity to adapt to or create processes to fit changing needs
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and firm deadlines; Effective time-management and organizational skills
• Occasional lifting, organization, and transport of equipment up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Possession of a valid WI driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and be authorized to drive a university vehicle upon appointment
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by March 3, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.