30% Create New Student Records
1. Analyze EPCS (Electronic PeopleSoft Conversion System) electronic application suspense files to determine and fix problems so that files will load appropriately to PeopleSoft. Accurately code applicant information in accordance with established admissions policies and procedures for all applicant types.
2. Load EPCS files into PeopleSoft and create new student application files. Reconcile suspense file and correct errors on applications that appear in file, determine what needs to be done to post application to PeopleSoft.
3. Input application information from all hard copy applications received by Admissions to build new student records.
4. Develop professional communications to be used to obtain outstanding applicant information.
5. Communicate with applicants and/or school officials via mail, e-mail, telephone and in person to clarify or request applicant information.
6. Collaborate with various program directors and their staffs regarding the development and implementation of application processes for targeted student populations (e.g. Accelerated Nursing, the UW Oshkosh CAPP Director, the Youth Options Coordinator in Admissions, the Director of Admissions at Wind River Tribal College, etc.).
7. Input application information in accordance with UW Oshkosh, UW System, and Federal policies and student information system functionality.
8. Determine if application fee is required.
25% Application Process Workflow Auditor
1. Evaluate all applications to determine next step in the workflow process and assure files are forwarded to the proper workflow queues.
2. Demonstrate in-depth understanding of how the Admissions Application process and the PeopleSoft Checklist process are integral and inter-dependent aspects of the application process.
3. Evaluate and interpret People Soft query results to determine steps to be taken on individual applications.
4. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement application and record-building processes as required for efficiency, effectiveness and student information systems technology and policy changes.
5. Test PeopleSoft, EPCS and Image Now record-building functions as changes/upgrades are made.
6. Process PeopleSoft queries to assure application process is running efficiently.
7. Review and maintain application workflow process to assure efficiency. Meet regularly with the Application Processing Team Leader to discuss new opportunities for increasing workflow efficiency and productivity.
15% Record Maintenance
1. Develop query processes in both Image Now and PeopleSoft to assure student records are sent to their proper place based upon application decision.
2. Interpret and implement Admissions Office records retention policy to determine what should be done with applicant documents.
3. Receive delivered mail/correspondence from prospective applicants, current and past applicants and students and determine appropriate processing for each.
10% Transfer Credit Processor
1. Interpret transcripts to determine transferability of external courses. Update Education panels in PeopleSoft database, recording external courses transferring to UW Oshkosh for new transfer, transfer/reentry and continuing students.
2. Assist in posting transfer course equivalencies into the Course Credits panels in PeopleSoft for all automated course equivalencies. Forward course equivalencies for review to Transfer Counselor if no automated course equivalency exists.
5% Residence for Tuition Purposes
1. Demonstrate an understanding of Wisconsin state statutes regarding residency for tuition purposes.
2. Determine residency for tuition purposes for all incoming applications
5% Process Special Student Applications
1. Have an understanding of admission requirements for Special Student applications.
2. Process Special Student applications received both electronically and via paper forms.
3. Review and determine admission decisions on Special Student applications.
4. Communicate with applicants regarding admission status and need for further information.
5. Work closely with Registrar’s Office to assure Special Student registration appointment and discontinue dates are entered properly.
5% Prepare Application and Matriculation Reports
1. Receive, log, reconcile and deposit application and matriculation fees daily.
2. Determine applicant status as it relates to UW System policy for application fee exemptions and enrollment deposit waivers and matriculate students accordingly in student information system.
3. Prepare and circulate applicant reports for targeted student groups with collaborating offices on campus (e.g. Youth Options summary report to Admissions Coordinator, Student Accounts, University Bookstore, etc.).
4. Process refunds for electronic application through the UW System CashNet system
5% Train and Oversee Support Staff
1. Teach the record-building processes, including PeopleSoft, EPCS and Image Now functions, and related records tasks to LTE, classified staff and student employees.
2. Determine workflow needs and assign tasks accordingly (e.g. imaging of paper documentation supporting electronic applications, review of transcript holding files pertinent to current applications processing, etc.).
3. Monitor and evaluate work of support staff and student employees according to the policies and procedures established by Admissions.
4. Create and present presentation for school counselors to promote use of the electronic application process for CAPP applications.