50% Scenic Design and Scenic Painting
• Responsible for the on-time planning, drawing/drafting of set designs including scenic painting and assisting with load in and load out of sets in collaboration with the Technical Director.
• Provide ground plans, models and digital drafted documents for each production.
• Mentoring of student scenic designers and stage managers.
• Communicates with Costume Designer, Technical Director/Lighting Designer in relation to the scenic design choices.
• Establish and maintain a safe working environment and adhere to production budgets, deadlines and protocols.
• This 1.0 FTE position is contingent on enrollment and teaching 12 credits over the academic year.
• Teach Theatre Core classes including Fundamentals of Design and Stage Management.
• Teach rotating Design Emphasis courses; Design Studio I, II, III and Painting and Dyeing, and Culture and Styles.
• Teach theatre general education and other courses, as needed by the department.
• Mentoring of student designers during shop hours and in preparation for presenting at conferences and festivals.