50% Inventory Control and Purchasing
1. Establish proper stock level needs for General Merchandise based on rate of sale, ability to return, time in semester and shelf life.
2. Coordinate physical periodic, special and perpetual inventory needs of General Merchandise.
3. Estimate stock level needs and determine proper quantities for re-orders.
4. Act as primary contact with vendors to order General Merchandise supplies, electronics and giftware. Purchase/Order general merchandise supplies, electronics and giftware for resale. If product available from multiple vendors solicit most competitive price & select vendor to make purchase through based on price, minimum order quantity, shipping charges and reliability of delivery.
5. Act as primary contact with professors across campus to fulfill any general merchandise requests for required course items. Contact vendors and place orders for any of these items.
6. Place orders with vendors as necessary via phone or on-line ordering.
7. Determine appropriate shipping method and schedule delivery of items.
8. Utilize a just-in-time inventory system whenever possible.
9. Determine selling price of merchandise based on established pricing guidelines.
10. Research and evaluate new products that should be brought into the General Merchandise department.
11. Work directly with vendors to get credit or properly destroy damaged goods.
12. Determine usability of surplus items relating to the General Merchandise department (i.e., racks, displays, pricing guns, etc.)
20% Receive Material for Resale in the General Merchandise Department
1. Unload boxes from trucks, using appropriate warehouse equipment (i.e. flatbeds, hand trucks, lifts) and bring shipments from loading dock to receiving department.
2. Receive & distribute shipments delivered to store from various carriers (e.g. UPS, USPS, FedEx) to proper departments within the Bookstore.
3. Receive, inspect and accept all incoming General Merchandise.
4. Accepts or rejects items received for resale (i.e. Damaged, defective, or non-ordered merchandise).
5. Audit invoice/packing slip for accuracy and match with receiving reports.
6. Organize inventory floor plan and arrange for proper storage of overstock items not going directly on store floor.
7. Fill General Merchandise orders for shipment across campus and any orders to be shipped to customers.
8. Contact vendors to arrange returning and/or replacement of damaged or missing merchandise.
9. File claims for lost or damaged shipments and notify manager of shipment errors.
10. Prepare forms for return of damaged or lost merchandise. Ensure accuracy of these forms. Pack boxes and store in appropriate area until returned or picked up by vendor.
11. Determine carrier and method of returning of General Merchandise using a computerized carrier management system and have a shipping tag generated. Research shipping costs & time tables, obtain price quotes and select vendor to use as carrier to return.
20% Manage Computerized Inventory Database Information for the General Merchandise Department Within the BOOKLOG Computer System
1. Utilize automated inventory BOOKLOG database system.
2. Utilize data bases to check current information and correct all misinformation of receiving data by use of the BOOKLOG database computer system.
3. Update prices in computerized BOOKLOG system.
4. Determine when appropriate mark-up/mark-downs are necessary.
5. Determine which merchandise will be priced with computerized pricing tags. Generate as necessary.
6. Determine which merchandise will be ticketed with security tags.
7. Maintain and assure accuracy of entire retail pricing in the category sub-system of the BOOKLOG system for the General Merchandise department.
8. Enter & update price lists as necessary. Enter price changes in computer and generate new bar codes prices as necessary. Download this inventory information into BOOKLOG database system.
9. Change prices of product currently in inventory as necessary.
10. Responsible for accuracy of inventory and pricing.
11. Generates distribution reports of detailed receiving information by means of the BOOKLOG computer system or manual methods for manager and the accounting department as necessary.
5% Supervising Personnel & Customer Service
1. Oversee and direct work for LTE and student employees working in the General Merchandise department on a daily basis.
2. Instruct and guide LTE and student employees in the proper method of receiving and returning material for resale on the BOOKLOG system.
3. Work directly with customers to resolve any General merchandise needs.
5% Additional Responsibilities
1. Secure receiving area. Responsible for meeting with delivery person. Determine who is authorized to be in the receiving area and directing inappropriate personnel to proper location.
2. Attend appropriate tradeshows and educational sessions as determined by Director.
3. Maintain adequate stock of supplies needed for receiving.
4. Keep receiving area clean and organized.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.