A. 40% Inspect, maintain, and repair campus grounds and equipment.
1. Mow and trim lawns, operating a variety of powered lawn care equipment.
2. Manually and/or use powered equipment to remove snow and ice from entry ways, sidewalks, parking lots, roads, roofs, fire hydrants, emergency exits.
spread sand/salt as required.
3. Perform preventive maintenance and repair of lawn care, snow removal, and other grounds equipment.
4. Perform landscaping projects (rock beds, woodchip coverings, drainage, etc.).
5. Repaint parking lot lines.
6. Repair asphalt lots, walkways, roads, and other areas.
7. Install/repair posts, signs, and fencing.
B. 20% Inspect, Maintain and repair interior and exterior
components of the campus buildings including mechanical and building systems
1. Perform the maintenance and repair of doors and windows including its
related hardware, such as door closer mechanisms, hinges, locks, glazing,
screens, and weather stripping
2. Perform inspections and repair of roofs, exterior trim, and flashing systems.
3. Prepare and paint, stain, and varnish interior/exterior trim walls, and other
surfaces using the proper products and methods.
4. Install, repair, and replace tile (wall/floor), baseboards, carpet, and other wall or floor coverings.
5. Replace ceiling tiles and make alterations and repairs to ceiling grind systems.
6. Install, and repair bookcases, shelves, counters, cabinets, desks, chairs, and other furniture.
7. Mount bulletin boards, chalkboards, white erase boards, display racks,
plaques, pictures, and other items.
8. Perform carpentry work and other minor construction for the repair and
enhancement of the facilities.
9. Operate and maintain campus equipment such as hand and table saws,
sanders, routers, planers, drills, and other maintenance tools and equipment.
10. Repair concrete, and other masonry construction using the proper materials and methods.
11. Operate welding and cutting equipment and fabricate metal items.
12. Repair and maintain electronic lock system and related devices, · change
access codes, and repair locking devices.
C. 20% Perform maintenance and general electrical, plumbing, and mechanical repairs on building systems and campus equipment.
1. Replace light fixtures, ballast, lamps, photocells, faulty outlets, switches,
electrical cords and plug ends, monitor, and adjust lighting timers.
2. Repair or replace piping, toilets, sinks, and faucets, flush and shut off valves, and other plumbing components; unplug sinks toilets, traps, and drains.
3. Assist mechanical repair personnel, with the operation, preventive
maintenance and repair of HVAC systems.
4. Perform routine maintenance of campus fleet vehicles including, oil changes, tire rotation, monthly checking fluid levels and tire conditions.
5. Maintain records of preventive maintenance and/or repairs performed on all campus, grounds, and fleet equipment.
D. 10% Provide support services for the operation of the campus.
1. Provide custodial/security services for weekend scheduled events and during absences of custodial staff or in emergencies.
2. Assist custodians with major cleaning/setup projects.
3. Receive deliveries for all departments, assemble items when required and
distribute these to appropriate person or area.
4. Duties as assigned.
E. 10% Conduct campus safety and security services.