Represents the institution on finance-related administrative matters, establishes and maintains a consultative and collaborative working relationship with institutional units, and guides the development of strategy, processes, and policies to ensure the accuracy and compliance in the institution's accounting functions.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
- Directs the maintenance, monitoring and preparation of enterprise-wide financial records and reports and disseminates information to the appropriate entities
- Directs strategic planning initiatives and establishes institutional financial objectives to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, and staffing resources and alignment with the strategic plan
- Develops, implements, maintains, and monitors finance-related institutional policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures for administrative processes
- Serves as the unit liaison and consultant among internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of the unit
- Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Provides detailed level of support for the accounting functions of the institution
- Identifies Segregation of Duties throughout the university and establishes mitigating controls where necessary
- Responsible for departmental budget, and deploys departmental strategies
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.
At least 4 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge and application of GAAP
Experience of implementing and oversight of internal controls
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Resume, cover letter, and three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by November 30, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.