||Administrative Assistant II
||Administrative Assistant II
||$16.20 - $21.83 per hour
|Terms of Employment:
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support for a department, group of professionals, or to the manager of a work group consisting of professional staff and subordinate supervisors in support of unit goals, under general supervision.
This position is responsible for keeping College of Business faculty, staff and students engaged, inspired, and informed in addition to planning, executing, and evaluating high quality College of Business events.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
60%: Staff and Student Engagement
• Support college leadership in developing engagement strategies for internal audiences including faculty, staff and current students.
• Plan and develop engagement strategies using tools such as the staff intranet, student/staff/constituent emails, student learning management system (Canvas).
• Work collaboratively across multiple departments to develop content, including regular internal email bulletins, student email course promotions and course change notifications, online staff and student orientation materials, etc.
• Collaborate with Centers and departments to develop and implement strategies to enhance student, faculty, staff, and advisory council engagement with unit activities.
• Learn new technologies as needed to effectively engage stakeholders.
• Plan and execute College of Business Academic Programs Office events including Executive MBA Opening and Closing Residencies, the College to Career Conference, Honors and Awards Ceremony, class events, etc.
• Serve as program liaison to the Office of International Education for the Executive MBA international study tour.
• Support student organizations in planning and executing events involving large numbers of external constituents such as CMA and CPA Night and SMEF banquet.
• Manage Executive MBA catering needs.
• Work evenings and weekends as needed to host and manage events.
5%: Other Duties
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
• Enhance the work-life of others in the office
Standard Job Description:
• Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations.
• Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, provides basic organizational information via phone, in person and through other communication mediums, and routes more complex inquiries to the appropriate entities.
• Collects, analyzes, and prepares various communication materials from established sources utilizing technology mediums.
• Sends, receives, copies, and distributes communications to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures under general supervision.
• Maintains established methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to established policies and procedures.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time
• Strong communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to use and learn a variety of technologies, including student learning management systems, CRM systems, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• Experience in student and/or employee engagement strategies
• Event planning experience
• Higher education experience
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by August 14, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.