||Administrative Assistant II
||Admissions Office Specialist
||$16.00 - $17.00 per hour
|Terms of Employment:
Provides administrative support for a department, group of professionals, or to the manager of a work group consisting of professional staff and subordinate supervisors in support of unit goals, under general supervision.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
Manage Front Desk Operations (40%)
- Oversee all front desk operations, ensuring exceptional customer service and adequate staff and student coverage at all times.
- Answer two phone lines and provide accurate, timely and consistently positive feedback or referrals to callers.
- Monitor Admissions email account and reply to a large volume of messages.
- Check Admissions voicemail daily, responding to all messages in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate referral information to admissions guests, phone and email inquiries.
- Train and provide ongoing updates to staff and student employees who perform front desk responsibilities.
- Assist with daily supervision of Titan Gold Corps student tour guides, summer ambassadors and other student employees who assist with the front desk operations on a regular basis.
- Assist with hiring and training of student workers at the front desk.
- Coordinate timely and efficient processing and distribution of a high volume of daily mail.
Respond to prospective students, families and other guests on admissions policies and procedures (30%)
- Utilize PeopleSoft, ImageNow, Salesforce CRM and other technology to assist callers, email inquiries and visitors with questions about application status, transcripts, or any other information related to freshman, transfer or re-entry student application processes for the Oshkosh, Fond du Lac and Fox Cities campuses of UWO.
- Communicate admissions policies and procedures to prospective students, families, guests and other constituents using oral, written and electronic means.
- Refer inquiries to admissions counselors, staff and other university offices as necessary. Maintain comprehensive information about the various referral sources.
- Record all communication with prospective students in Salesforce CRM as needed to ensure accurate student inquiry history.
Coordinate Campus Visits (20%)
- Schedule individual daily campus visits and assist with special event registrations using Salesforce CRM system.
- Generate confirmation materials and follow-up communications with visitors using Salesforce CRM system.
- Monitor and track daily visit and Saturday totals, closing or opening dates in Salesforce as needed.
- Track and follow up with no-show appointments, cancellations and guests who need to be rescheduled.
- Ensure that visit materials and visit bags are adequately prepared for guests.
- Oversee a daily welcome visit board, which is a list of admissions guests for display in the hallway.
- Collect, document and analyze statistics on visitors and communication forms using Salesforce CRM tools.
Provide clerical support to the Admissions Office (10%)
- Serve as the Admissions Employing Unit Coordinator for student workers.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies for front desk and staff.
- Maintain access to manage and update staff calendars via electronic calendaring system.
- Schedule staff meetings and rooms as necessary.
- Accept payments delivered to the front desk and process receipts accordingly. Collaborate with other staff to trouble shoot issues, develop efficiencies and capitalize on technology utilized in the execution of duties.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- Assist with creating new student records using the student information system (PeopleSoft).
- Evaluate incoming documents for completeness and identify inconsistencies and missing materials.
- Prepare documents for imaging process.
- Distribute application materials received to appropriate processors and examiners.
Standard Job Description:
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations
- Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, provides basic organizational information via phone, in person and through other communication mediums, and routes more complex inquiries to the appropriate entities
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares various communication materials from established sources utilizing technology mediums
- Sends, receives, copies, and distributes communications to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures under general supervision
- Maintains established methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to established policies and procedures
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work accurately and with strong attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple tasks and effectively organizing work to meet numerous deadlines
- Capacity to learn new or changed processes or applications quickly
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience working in admissions or other related student services area at the post-secondary level
- Experience utilizing technology such as PeopleSoft, ImageNow and Salesforce
- Experience accomplishing complex tasks in an active office environment
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application: cover letter, resume and contact information for three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by August 14, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.