Monitors parking areas, issuing citations for parking violations. Collects data on campus parking usage and reports maintenance and safety concerns found on campus.
• Ensure the orderly enforcement of our parking lots and maintain a rotating schedule of when/where they monitor within our lots to ensure efficiency and consistency while protecting the rights of our permit holders.
• Help provide a comprehensive onboarding and routine for training CSOs and fellow officers on a variety of permits, enforcement regulations, policies, and job requirements including dealing with hostility, confrontational responses, consistency in rule interpretation, and creating a positive customer experience.
• Collaborate with parking team to improve our parking operations, provide data, and communicate trends noted in field work to help problem solve and guide decisions regarding daily operations and departmental policies and procedures.
• Meet with parking administrator weekly to review, evaluate, and provide input to continuously improve the parking enforcement program.
• Work alongside University Police team as needed to ensure a safe campus environment.
• Provide annual maintenance, cleaning/sweeping lots, painting lines, adding/removing signage, filling holes, etc.
• Plan and provide cones/barricades as needed for event management and security. Work outside in all manner of weather.
• Work overnights to train officers and work weekends when necessary to help parking with athletics games/matches, commencement, and other miscellaneous events during the year.
• Maintain enforcement facilities and equipment.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
• Investigates parking eligibility, and compliance with policy.
• Enforces parking violations across property.
• Accurately records vehicle description, location, and parking violation issue parking citations.
• Enters parking usage data for multiple stall types in campus parking facilities.
• Provides directions and education about parking with customers.
• Maintains mechanical functions of parking meters and gate equipment.
• Must have, or the ability to obtain, and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver's license. Must be authorized to drive a University vehicle upon hire.
• Have and maintain a safe driving record.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by August 11, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.