Administrative Assistance to the Dean: 45%
• Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for individuals and groups, provides organizational information via phone, in person, and through other communication mediums.
• Manages the Dean’s calendar and makes appointments, reservations, schedules meetings for the Dean and sends appropriate announcements as needed.
• Prepares and audits complex records, edits documents, and reviews work done by others.
• Develops, sends, receives, copies, and distributes communication to the appropriate entities according to the established policies and procedures.
• Develops, implements, and maintains methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to the established policies and procedures.
• Processes the Dean’s expenses; special program expenditures, memberships, and subscriptions.
• Maintains files for the Dean. Assists in the maintenance of files for other college-level activities and initiatives through cooperation with appropriate administrators, faculty, and staff. Devises and maintains continuity from archived to current files to provide comprehensive systems.
• Assists the Dean with the CAPP Instructor Qualifications process, maintains CAPP instructor records in the CAPP Teams Site, and coordinates with the CAPP Office.
• Completes special projects as requested by the dean.
• Updates content on the applicable COB web pages (i.e., update the Business Advisory Council Member profiles).
Human Resources: 30%
• Monitors the COB’s renewal, tenure and promotion schedule, advises the Dean, department chairs and administrators of relevant information and prescribed deadline dates.
• Serves as administrator for the Faculty Review Committee.
• Reviews the administrative calendar from the Provost and notifies the Dean of personnel-related deadlines. Monitors administrative deadlines, keeps the Dean, Dean’s staff, and chairs apprised to ensure deadlines are met.
• Receives requests from faculty/staff requiring personnel actions and completes/ensures completion of appropriate paperwork (PTF, separation checklist, emeritus status decision, etc.
• Advises college chairs, faculty and staff regarding interpretation of University and College policies on tenure, renewal, promotions, and program review.
• Maintains confidential personnel files as required by the Dean (e.g. prepares letters for renewal/non-renewal, tenure, promotion and salary administration, other personnel needs and records, contractual agreements, etc.)
• Serves as Employee Unit Coordinator for the College.
• Resolves issues related to College recruiting and hiring through policy research, liaisons with Human Resources.
• Ensures additions/removals of faculty/staff to areas necessary as personnel are hired or terminate.
College Meeting and Event Support: 15%
• Coordinates all meetings chaired by the Dean including College Council, Business Advisory Council, Faculty Meetings, Staff Meetings, etc.
• Schedules meetings for all college-level committees and councils as directed by the Dean.
• Makes room reservations and other logistical arrangements as required.
• Posts meeting announcements as required by the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law.
• Compiles, prepares, and distributes agendas, including related materials pertaining to the agenda items.
• Records and distributes minutes. Maintains College master files in cooperation with appropriate administrators.
• Invites and coordinates the attendance of meeting guests asked to provide information on particular agenda items.
• Serves as Sage Hall building manager, coordinating approval all requests for use of Sage Hall open spaces.
• Plans and coordinate the Business Advisory Council profiles, profile list, meetings, and events.
• Plans and coordinates, with the assistance of college staff, other college events and functions as needed, e.g., college speakers, picnics, receptions, celebrations, etc.
• Other projects as requested.
Other Dean’s Assistant Activities: 10%
• Maintains confidentiality of college and donor records as appropriate.
• Assists with inventory and purchase of Dean’s Office supplies following appropriate University and COB processes and requirements.
• Acts as COB electronic distribution list manager. Updates lists as changes occur.
• Acts as COB hard copy distribution list manager. Updates COB department, administrative, and committees lists in a timely fashion.
• Maintains Dean’s Executive Assistant procedures manual.
• Provides backup for Dean’s Office staff ensuring a friendly, mentoring and cohesive team approach.
• Cooperatively assists in the maintenance of College policies by updating materials in the College of Business Handbook.
• Disseminates information and improves access to information needed by people in COB.
• Manages and distributes permits for the COB Reserved parking spaces.
• Works to continuously improve operations, including staying current on technological changes that can improve operations (e.g., MS Teams Site Management)
• Maintains operation of office copier.
• Ensures a clean office environment.
• Other projects as requested.
Some functions of this position may be required before or after normal business hours. These occasions should be rare.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.