||IT Manager (B) (Internal Search)
||IT Team Lead
||Non-instructional Academic Staff
||1.0 (five positions)
||$65,000 - $73,000
|Terms of Employment:
||Annual, fixed-term renewable
Provides and develops operational oversight of information technology (IT) function(s), program(s), or service(s) to support organizational and employee technology needs.
Reporting to the CIO or CTO (depending on team), the IT Team Manager (“Team Manager”) leads a team of individuals specialized in a specific set of IT services. The individual in this position works with a great deal of autonomy under the general guidance of the CIO and/or CTO, interacts with a wide range of faculty, staff, administrators and executives to independently resolve complex problems and situations.
In fulfillment of this role, this individual measures service performance, recommends improvements to the CIO and/or CTO, and executes improvement plans to assure effective and efficient delivery of an array of services. The Team Manager manages the performance and activities of a workgroup of 3-7 individuals who deliver the assigned services, including conducting performance evaluations, taking personnel corrective action, proposing staffing plans and changes, and recommending hire/fire decisions
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
- Develops, plans, and directs staff implementation of information technology
- Evaluates existing strategy and makes recommendations to information technology leadership for program enhancement
- Identifies, proposes, and implements new or revised information technology operational policies and procedures
- Serves as the subject matter expert to unit leadership regarding information technology operations and functions
- Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Completes installations, configurations, repairs, automations, and modifications of complex technology hardware, software, and associated components independently
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and resolves complex data, network connectivity, client/server processes, and application issues according to established policies and procedures
- Leads, schedules logistics, and secures resources for the completion of technology system integrations, compatibility tests, and functionality maintenance according to established user requirements
- Serves as a main point of contact for individuals and groups providing advanced-level organizational information about technology resources and addressing their needs
- Develops and facilitates individual and group end user trainings, answers questions, and provides information specific to complex information technology end user products and services
- Guides the daily activities of an information technology staff by assigning work, evaluating performance, and developing documentation
- Resolves or escalates personnel issues, makes recommendations on applicants after assessing the qualifications of potential new hires, and makes recommendations on the selection of applicants
- Serves as the initial supervisor and point of contact on escalated customer services requests or production issues, either resolving or escalating the requests and issues
- Prepares and distributes reports on assigned unit's performance, recommending adjustments to operational procedures to improve the effectiveness of programs and services
Bachelor Degree Education and/or 5 years of experience in IT.
Experience working in a higher education setting.
Demonstrated managing and supporting of IT staff and services.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware, software, multimedia, AV and/or networks.
Demonstrated knowledge of, or experience in one or more of the following domains:
ITIL or IT Service Management
End user training and support
Classroom technology and support
Enterprise Information Systems
Information Systems Security and Compliance
Demonstrated experience providing customer support, providing customer care, or building customer relationships.
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Masters education in business, technology or related fields.
Professional certification in any of the following:
ITIL, IT Service Management, or comparable discipline
Technology standards such as A+ or comparable
Dell, Apple, or HP Hardware
Familiarity with the technologies, practices, and expectations of an academic environment.
Proficiency with remote support and collaboration tools.
Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and apply a resolution.
Ability to learn new applications or complex subject matters quickly and effectively.
Demonstrated Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to quickly organize and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands.
Ability to think critically and analyze complex technical information.
Communication skills both oral and written that are professional, effective, sensitive and clear. With a demonstrated ability to communicate technical information in a manner easily understood by non-technical personnel.
Strong understanding and demonstrated practicing of diplomacy and conflict resolution methods.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, and three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by January 19, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
This is an internal search that will only consider current UW Oshkosh employees.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.