A. Medical Reception and Appointment Scheduling: (65%)
1. Schedules patients per set scheduling guidelines to ensure optimal patient care
2. Checks in patients and interprets SHC policies for students, faculty, staff, and visitors regarding fees, no shows, check-in times, etc.
3. Responds to general inquiries regarding services, hours, patient care, and patient billing.
4. Instructs patients on how to complete electronic patient forms via web portal.
5. Completes opening and closing procedures for the front office.
6. Determines eligibility for service, obtains and verifies identity, and other pertinent records utilizing EMR and explains payment options to patients.
7. Monitors reception and patient waiting area to assess the safety of patients and maintain an appropriate atmosphere.
8. Answers telephones and assists walk-in patients requesting care. Notifies health care professionals of possible emergencies on telephone or in waiting room.
9. Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations and participates in scheduled drills according to established policies and procedures.
10. Provide work direction to other employees as front desk coverage is needed.
B. Medical Record Duties (20%)
1. Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance for all health records and related correspondence and/or communication. Monitors state and federal mandates regarding medical record confidentiality, reporting requirements and procedures for release of information and revises operational standards as needed.
2. Follow statutory guidelines and other regulations to independently evaluate and respond appropriately to requests from individuals, families, legal representatives, insurance companies, healthcare providers or government agencies for the release of patient health information.
3. Manually checks enrollment in Student Information System if not automatically populated in the EMR.
4. Collaborate with EMR vendor as needed.
5. Labels Patient Alerts in the EMR as individual circumstances require.
6. Provides training and direction to health care staff regarding confidentiality requirements.
C. Billing & Financial Recordkeeping Duties: (10%)
1. Working knowledge of the EMR to perform billing and cashiering for patients.
2. Invoices charges on patient visit encounters within the EMR Billing Workplace, and responds to questions regarding patient accounts.
3. Creates group appointments and bursar charges for special events such as flu clinics or sports physicals, etc.
4. Assist with WI Medicaid Family Planning Only Services (FPOS) including student application process, billing and reimbursement. Submits and verifies the accuracy of these claims.
5. Counts cash and reconciles cash/checks and Titan Card dollar with EMR reports. Processes daily payments as needed, corrects billing and coding errors. Completes applicable deposit forms and deposit as needed.
6. Verifies accuracy of Bursar reports from the UWO Student Financials Department and the EMR Bursar report.
D. Miscellaneous Duties (5%)
1. Perform other clerical duties as requested.
2. Reports adverse incidents.
3. Serves on Student Health Center Committees as assigned.
4. Supports the Division of Student Affairs Strategic Priorities, mission of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, and Student Health departmental core competencies.
5. Actively engages and participates in student programming, campus events and inclusive excellence goals.
6. Attends meetings, in-services, job related seminars, and other continuing education classes.
7. Willingness to represent Student Health at campus sponsored events during regularly scheduled hours, which may include brief presentations and/or public speaking.
8. Other duties as assigned.