40% Athletic Purchasing
Responsible for purchasing divisional supplies through approved vendors. Initiate all purchases by obtaining vendor quotes, selecting the most effective and efficient method of purchase while adhering to University purchasing regulations.
- Prepare purchase requisitions ensuring that proper WISDM accounts are charged.
- Responsible for purchasing all event related materials (including food) through approved vendors. Initiate all purchases by obtaining vendor quotes, selecting the most effective and efficient method of purchase while adhering to University purchasing regulations. Prepare meal requisitions and purchase requisitions ensuring that proper WISDM accounts are charged.
- Responsible for preparing purchase order requests and single/sole source documents to vendors for the division. Ensure all expected PO invoices have been received and paid. Prepare change orders as necessary. Be aware of timelines and year end deadlines for purchase requisitions.
- Responsible for preparing Request for Bids for large purchases from vendors. Assist Directors in making determinations for purchase specification requirements and work with the UWO purchasing area to ensure all documents are completed accurately.
- Responsible for using the Purchasing Credit Card to purchase required items for the Athletic Department.
25% Athletics Account Receivable
Responsible for processing deposits and refunds of cash, checks, and credit card payments that the division receives.
- Prepare deposit slips on daily cash/check receipts adhering to University cash handling regulations and ensuring proper WISDM accounts are charged.
- Maintain files of deposit slips and daily cash receipt reports.
- Verify that deposits have been recorded correctly in WISDM through the cashier's office.
- Prepare Journal Entry Upload Forms for Credit Card Deposits to transfer from Deposit Account to the correct account.
- Responsible for creating and issuing invoices using QuickBooks.
10% Athletics Accounts Payable
Responsible for processing Direct Pay Requests (DPR) to pay vendor invoices for supplies received and services provided.
- Prepare DPR's adhering to University reimbursement regulations and ensuring proper WISDM accounts are charged.
- Verify DPRs and Meal Requisitions prepared by others in Athletics and route for signatures.
- Obtain W-9 forms from new vendors.
- Contact vendors with any invoice disputes or if we have not received an invoice for services rendered.
- Initiate Good Faith Disputes if discrepancies occur.
- Maintain files of DPR's and vendor invoices.
- Ensure the validity of payments satisfy the propriety and accuracy of vendor codes, department numbers, account codes, vendor W9's, description of payment, and original documentation.
- Ensure sales tax report is submitted to the Office of Finance and Administration by the required deadline.
10% Ticket Management
Responsible for creating and monitoring events in the ticketing software.
- Create each athletic event using the ticketing software
- Monitor the sale of all event tickets.
- Train staff of ticket software.
- Ensure equipment is functioning correctly and maintain procedures for troubleshooting.
Complete all new hire paperwork
- Ensure all required paperwork for hiring new student employees is submitted to Human Resources in according with University procedure and timelines.
- Process background checks
- Update student workers in HRS
5% Athletic Camps
Oversee the camp administrative roles
- Monitor participant registration process and ensure all attendees are registered in the system correctly.
- Maintain paperwork for camp registrations and payments in accordance with UW Oshkosh procedure.
5% Other duties as assigned
- Participate in Finance and Administration staff meetings
- Participate in Athletic staff meetings
- Accomplish goals and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Three Professional References
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by April 16th, 2021 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.