40% Administrative Support
1. Oversee the front office including answering / directing telephone calls, emails and greeting walk-in students and guests to the department to determine service needed.
2. Independently and as requested provide administrative support for the Athletic Director/ Assistant Athletic Director maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
a. Compose, edit and send letters, memos, and emails as needed for the Director.
b. Monitor and screen all phone calls for the Athletic Director. Manage director’s electronic calendar appointments as requests are received, notifying changes made.
3. Independently and as requested provide administrative support to the athletic department staff to include:
a. Prepare and process Travel Expense Reports (Using E-Reimbursement system) Direct Payment Requests, Payment to Individual Report, Transaction Transfer Request and other document/forms as needed.
b. Process department p-card, travel authorization/cash advance for team travel, class excuse letters for teams, and collection of itineraries prior to travel. Prepare travel documentation forms and distribute to all staff in a timely manner for preparation on each season’s sport. Train staff on proper travel procedures and use of the E-Reimbursement system and the use of the Athletic Department travel card issued to staff. Update staff with changes as the occur.
c. Process and arrange for payment of officials assigned by the WIAC through the Arbiter Pay system. This is to include making sure funds have been transferred to the account and payments are made to individuals after events have taken place.
d. Ensure that all expenses to budgets for events and travel have been recorded in the appropriate budget workbooks as soon as possible.
e. Initiate, prepare and send contracts to all officials not assigned through Arbiter. Prepare and send payment information for these individuals after events have taken place. Keep all confidential information secured through email and hard copy within the department. Utilize the WISDM system for proper vendor code information.
f. Other duties as assigned.
35% Supervision & Training Student Employees
1. Train and supervise student employees on all office procedures, and equipment usage for employment within the athletic department offices, this is to include proper procedures for bulk mailings, department mail distribution, database and schedule maintenance as well as other jobs as assigned. Prepare and monitor office schedules for student employees.
2. Prepare and post job announcements on the university Titan Jobs site for all Athletic department student jobs, including posting the STEP program positions.
3. Prepare/develop all application materials, policies for hiring students (student assistance, work study, STEP). Respond, interview, hire and process all required paperwork for Human Resources and the Athletic department for a diverse group of students hired for the Athletic department (except camps/clinics). This is for approximately 90 students and for coverage of more than 100 events per school year.
25% Athletic Event Coverage and Cash Handling
1. Independently or in collaboration with the Athletic Department Financial Specialist, Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director or Game Management staff train and supervise students in the cash handling procedures and ticket sales for the Athletic department events, share responsibility to be present, as agreed upon, when cash is present for an event. This is to include evenings and weekends.
2. Assist with department cash handling: verify cash/ticket profit, check event summaries for accuracy and integrity of the cash handling procedures.