||Data & Student Services Specialist
||Student Services Specialist
||Non-Instructional Academic Staff
||0.60 (24 hours per week)
|Terms of Employment:
||Annual, Fixed-term Renewable
||The Titan Advantage Program (TAP) in the Division of Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence is a summer bridge program that focuses on supporting the academic and personal development of incoming first-year underserved and underrepresented students. The program annually enrolls a cohort of students that through the admissions process are invited to participate in the program. TAP provides students an opportunity to experience college and earn 4-6 credits the summer before their fall enrollment.
TAP is seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized individual to serve as a Data and Student Services Specialist. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for assisting with the Titan Advantage program and data reporting. This includes analyzing and creating complex data and report sets for academic program planning and providing accurate and timely data to leadership for strategic decision-making. In addition, this position will also assist with providing ongoing academic support services to students and work with the TAP Coordinator to support the recruitment and retention of students in the program. This is a part-time position at 24 hours per week.
30% Program Support
- Assist TAP Coordinator in planning and coordinating the Titan Advantage Program including, but not limited to, orientation, end of program ceremony, training, meals, events, activities, and schedules.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Office to coordinate recruitment efforts and outreach to prospective TAP students including, but not limited to, sending invites/mass mailings, contacting and following up with students, and responding to inquiries.
- Assign and maintain TAP student group in PeopleSoft and work collaboratively with Registrar’s office to update data and query reports.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of support services and tracking of TAP student engagement, enrollment, retention and graduation.
- Assist in the evaluating of program effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvements.
30% Data Reporting and Analysis
- Generate reports in Navigate/PeopleSoft including, but not limited to, student rosters, student enrollment, demographic information, and academic records.
- Input, maintain and analyze data in confidential databases and transfer data including generating data-based reports of program outcomes.
- Provide statistical consulting, analysis and technical assistance on program assessment and evaluation.
- Work with Office of Institutional Resource to ensure queries and data in Navigate and PeopleSoft are accurate by conducting data verification reports.
- Develop reports including, but not limited to, spreadsheets and graphs displaying enrollment, retention and other reports for ongoing management needs.
- Prepare customized reports for internal TAP needs and assist in the program’s accountability reporting.
- Assist with ongoing program assessments including completion of progress reports.
- Adhere to local, state and federal regulations to ensure that all student information is kept confidential.
35% Student Support Services
- Provide academic support services to students following their successful completion of the summer program.
- Monitor students’ academic progress through Early Alert, progress reports and consistent communication.
- Provide individual meetings, advising, intervention and referral for students regarding their academic, personal, career and financial circumstances.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Financial Aid, Dean of Students, Center for Academic Resources, Writing Center, Math department, Project Success, Counseling Center and other departments to support and refer students.
- Document and track student interactions and meetings in Navigate through advising and appointment reports.
5% Other Duties as Assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel)
- Experience with data systems and data management processes
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors and omissions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with students
- Understanding of diverse populations, identities, and background with special emphasis on historically underrepresented students
- Master’s degree in education, business, counseling or related field
- Direct experience with data manipulation and analysis
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Navigate/EAB
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, contact information for 3 professional references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by April 17, 2020, are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWOâ€™s Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.