Postal Services Office Support
1. Perform all necessary list management procedures (import, merge/purge, duplicate detection, validation & certification, address correction, and output documentation) to prepare address databases for ink-jet processing.
2. Assist with customer concerns and questions about mailing procedures, costs, and regulations.
3. Teach and remind University employees of postal procedures and best practices. 4. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Sort USPS and intercampus mail to University mailstops.
2. Process outgoing mail, using best judgement in selecting carrier and rates, and/or honoring requested method of shipment.
3. Operate postage meter machines and scales.
4. Operate envelope inserting machine.
5. Set up and operate tabbing machine.
6. Assist with the sorting, bundling, and processing of outgoing Marketing mail.
7. Lift and transport mail that can weigh up to 70 lbs. 8. Generate end-off-day postage reports daily and maintain a computer log.
Receiving/Delivery Operation Support
1. Receive and sign for various packages at Receiving Dock from UPS, FedEx, Staples, SpeeDee, and other various couriers during morning hours.
2. Enter packages, freight, and Central Stores orders into internal tracking system. 3
. Serve as backup to ensure that all Campus Central Stores orders, freight shipments, and Ground packages are delivered quickly and accurately.
4. Serve as backup to ensure successful and timely delivery of all items for special activities/events.
5. Serve as backup to pick up Electronic Surplus from campus.
6. Serve as backup to monitor plastic film recycling bins around campus, and make regular trips to Festival Foods for recycling.
1. Serve as backup to maintain reports for postage used, packages received and delivered, and other benchmarking statistics.
2. Serve as backup entering incoming postage due and business reply charges accurately into accounting system daily and communicating with USPS concerning any errors found.
3. Serve as backup for set up and operating VideoJet address printer.
4. Serve as backup running mail routes.
5. Keep track of monies on meter machines and add funds when needed.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.