A. Performance of Building and Equipment Maintenance
1. Assemble, install and/or repair wood and metal furniture, shelves, bookcases, cabinets, partitions, etc.
2. Install and repair, windows, doors, weather stripping, door closures & hardware, screens and related locks, hinges, handles, window blinds & shades, etc.
3. Repair and install ceramic and vinyl tile; ceiling tile.
4. Install draperies, rods, window blinds and related hardware.
5. Repair and replace floor boards, base boards, carpeting, stair treads, etc.
6. Operate and maintain a variety of power tools and equipment – drill press, circular & table saw, sanders, etc. to cut, form and shape wood and metal objects.
7. Install and repair restroom equipment and partitions.
B. Provision of Assistance to Crafts and Facility Repair Workers
1. Work with and assist in the construction, repair and remodeling projects (e.g. wall, floor removal and construction, brick and block laying, painting and staining).
2. Set-up and dismantle forms for concrete and other repair work.
3. Build forms, prepare surfaces and assist in the pouring of concrete.
4. Assist in concrete finishing.
5. Inspect, repair and replace ceiling, carpet and floor tile.
6. Repair masonry and plaster walls, partitions, etc.
7. Operate construction equipment (e.g. dump truck, backhoe, front-end loader) to assist with demolition and construction projects.
C. Welding (Arc), Metal Working & Fabrication
1. Weld and repair metal door frames, carts, etc.
2. Repair metal carts, dumpsters, casters and wheels.
3. Fabricate metal parts, frames, brackets, hangers, etc.
4. Weld broken or fabricate replacement parts.
5. Weld and repair metal furniture.
D. Provision of Roof Maintenance
1. Inspect roofs to determine the condition of roof, source of problem, method of repair.
2. Report to supervisor the general condition of the roof and necessary materials to repair problem areas.
3. Prepare surface and install coatings on aluminum-coated roofs to repair leaks or improve the condition of roof surfaces.
4. Prepare and paint rooftop HVAC equipment.
E. Miscellaneous Duties
1. Perform grounds maintenance activities (e.g. fence repair, paint / stain wood fences).
2. Assist Locksmiths in the installation and repair of mortise and cabinet locks, and related hardware.
3. Install bulletin boards, white marking boards, pictures, etc.
4. Erect and disassemble scaffolding.
5. Accurately record time & materials on work order forms and route accordingly.
6. Inventory and inform supervisor of materials to be ordered.
7. Other duties as assigned.