A. Provision of Installation, Maintenance, Repair, and Modification
1. Repair valves of all types (shower, automatic mixing, check, toilet flush, gate and ball).
2. Replace sprinkler heads.
3. Install and repair vacuum breakers.
4. Install, repair, and test back-flow prevent valves.
5. Repair plumbing fixtures and equipment that relate to food preparation equipment.
6. Install and repair chemical resistant pipes and fittings.
7. Rod-out all types of drain lines, sewer lines, water traps, etc.
8. Replace and repair all leaking or faulty water, drain, sewer, and vent lines.
B. Plumbing Construction
1. Assemble and install air, gas, and water and waste disposal systems.
2. Melt and caulk lead joints according to existing code.
3. Install copper, galvanized, PVC, and chemical resistant pipes, fittings, etc.
4. Install gas, water, sanitary fixtures and equipment.
5. Install hot water heaters.
6. Install air and gas lines.
7. Install venting, drain fittings and connections.
8. Install special equipment (ice making equipment, drink dispensing equipment).
C. Preventive Maintenance
1. Remove and drain outside water meters for the winter season.
2. Drain and blow out water outside lines.
3. Test, repair, and clean gate valves for emergency showers and eye washers.
4. Check and service fire stand pipe valves.
5. Rebuild faucets, shower valves, mixing valves, and any other associated water dispensing valves.
6. Test and rebuild back-flow valves on an annual basis. Complete paperwork to assure state records and regulations.
D. Other duties as assigned
1. Operate, maintain, and supply salt, chemicals, etc. for building water chemical treatment systems.
2. Assist maintenance staff.
3. Perform emergency, overtime, and call-in work as required to repair and maintain campus plumbing systems.
4. Miscellaneous other duties.