A. Oversee the custodial maintenance in campus buildings.
1. Determine daily employee schedules - staffing, job priorities, and assignments.
2. Assist in planning and assigning work in campus buildings to assure established standards are maintained.
3. Determine staffing and equipment needs for special projects, office relocation and furniture moving.
4. Assign staff to provide emergency cleaning services to resolve problems.
5. Inspect buildings for cleanliness, thoroughness of housekeeping work and progress of work orders and take corrective action when necessary.
6. Order cleaning supplies and equipment to issue to employees.
7. Take physical inventories of supplies and equipment; maintain records.
8. Distribute custodial cleaning equipment and materials using department vehicle.
9. Keep paper and electronic records relating to building services performed, materials and supplies distributed, usage of supplies, etc.
10. Inspect interior and exterior assigned areas for building structure repairs or maintenance and follow-up to determine completion.
11. Inspect building furnishings, equipment used by residents and custodial equipment as required and call-in work orders; follow-up to achieve repair or replacement.
12. Service as a liaison with other Campus Services personnel to coordinate maintenance and custodial services for buildings.
13. Attend professional training sessions when requested.
14. Serve as liaison with campus staff.
15. Promote quality customer service by working with customers to solve issues or address complaints.
16. Perform cleaning work on an emergency basis.
17. Clean entrance areas, including snow removal to maintain appearance of exterior areas.
18. Other duties as assigned.
B. Supervise Custodial Employees
1. Document and maintain employee attendance records.
2. Approve and process employee vacation requests and overtime.
3. Inspect and evaluate employee work performance - quality and quantity of work.
4. Plan and conduct training sessions for employees.
5. Administer corrective discipline as necessary.
6. Conduct performance evaluations of custodial staff.
7. Participate with interviewing and recommend hiring decisions.
8. Provide back-up support to other CSS and Custodial Superintendent.
C. Responsibilities for Workplace Health and Safety
1. Review equipment operation to ensure safety regulations and procedures are followed.
2. Review workplace health and safety expectations with employees.
3. Follow and enforce health and safety rules.
4. Report unsafe acts and conditions, immediately.
5. Investigate workplace accidents in a timely manner.
6. Provide health and safety instruction for employees.
7. Incorporate safety and health objectives into annual performance evaluations.
8. Attend safety meetings and training sessions when requested.