Director of Women’s and Gender Studies
Job no: 497284
Work type: Full-time
Location: Oshkosh Campus
||Director of Women’s and Gender Studies
||Associate Professor or Full Professor
|Terms of Employment:
The College of Letters and Science at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh invites applications for an associate professor or professor (tenure possible upon appointment) as Director of Women’s and Gender Studies, discipline open, to start September 9, 2020.
||The primary duties of the Director include chairing the program’s steering committee, recruiting and advising students, planning and developing the curriculum, and spearheading program assessment. Teaching responsibilities may include Intro to Women’s and Gender Studies, Feminist Theory, and a research-focused Senior Seminar. This position is responsible for teaching, research, and service as outlined in the home department’s tenure, renewal, and promotion criteria.
||• Ph.D. or appropriate terminal degree
• Significant experience teaching, advising, and mentoring diverse student populations
• An active research agenda relevant to Women’s and Gender Studies with sufficient scholarly activity to be tenurable at the Associate or Full Professor level in one of the departments of the College of Letters and Science
||• Some administrative experience
• Experience teaching feminist theory and/or feminist research methods
• Evidence that teaching and/or research has a global focus, a focus on critical race studies, a focus on LGBTQ Studies, or a combination.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
· Letter of application
· Curriculum Vita
· One-page statements on the applicant’s teaching philosophy, research interests, and professional activities
· Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official or photocopy)
· Contact information for three professional references, who may be contacted for letters of recommendation
UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by Monday, October 28, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend