||Nurse Anesthesia Faculty
|Terms of Employment:
Tenured or tenure-track position in the College of Nursing (CON) University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, and service. Rank will be determined upon review of qualifications.
Expertise and experience in nurse anesthesia care coordination and service delivery. Work collaboratively with Director(s) and/or Assistant Director(s) in the Nurse Anesthesia Program to teach, develop, implement, refine, revise, and/or evaluate nursing student curriculum and policies. Maintain scholarship and service activities appropriate for rank.
- Promotes the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of the University and the College of Nursing.
- Manages classes and learning environments, selects appropriate materials to support curriculum and provides constructive feedback to students.
- Delivers effective instruction using technology and a variety of techniques in a manner appropriate to the course objectives.
- Assesses student learning, designs assessments that measure student growth, aligns assessment with learning opportunities.
- Promotes continual improvement as part of the cycle of teaching and learning develops and revises curriculum and instructional materials as needed.
- Participate in processes related to recruitment, selection, admission, advising, and progression of students consistent with College of Nursing and University admission policies, option assessment, and accreditation processes.
- Pursues professional development, contributes to academic discipline through research, presentation and publication.
- Participates in program resource development, including simulation and obtaining intramural and extramural program support.
- Participate in service through appropriate discipline-specific organizations, educational organizations, statewide boards/ committees or community activities.
- Serve on University and College committees as needed and as indicated in CON bylaws.
- Represent the University and the College of Nursing at professional activities at local, state, national, and international levels.
- Other duties as assigned by the Nurse Anesthesia Director or Assistant Director or College of Nursing Post-licensure Director or Dean.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing, nurse anesthesia program associated with a regionally-accredited institution of higher education
- Doctoral degree appropriate to content area or near degree completion (final semester)
- Certification by the National Board of Certification and Recertification eligible for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Unencumbered license as a registered nurse and/or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and eligible for registered nurse and advanced practice nurse prescriber licensure in the state of Wisconsin
- At least five years of clinical experience
- Undergraduate and or Graduate level teaching experience
- Distance/online teaching experience
- Evidence of scholarship and service
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, Resume & contact information for 3 professional references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by February 1, 2020, are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/, or call UWOâ€™s Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.