Facilities Planning and Development:
1. Work effectively with staff in the UW Oshkosh Department of Planning and Construction to develop facilities improvement projects.
2. Gather equipment needs and prepare prioritized equipment lists based on information gathered from faculty and staff as part of a capital/facilities project, in consultation with UW Oshkosh Facilities Planning and Construction department.
3. Collaborate with other supervisors and team members to identify best practices, performance and work standards, and benchmarks that should be recognized for purposes of institutional planning.
4. Participate in the development of campus-based 6-year facilities plans working closely with UW Oshkosh Facilities Management staff and occasionally with UW System Administration staff.
5. Plan and implement high quality housekeeping, grounds keeping, Facility repair, HVAC and solid waste management programs.
Operational and Workforce Planning:
1. Establish work schedules and assign duties to campus-based facilities staff. Provide work direction to campus staff.
2. Identify professional development plans to improve staff efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Guide, monitor, and assure the work of contractors and vendors.
4. Work closely with the UW Oshkosh Director of Safety and Risk Management to conduct required and appropriate occupational and environmental safety programs. Address workplace safety issues.
5. Apply best practices for preventive maintenance according to industry standards.
6. Secure necessary safety equipment and tools, and ensure they are in proper working order.
7. Advocate for building systems and features that balance the interests of building maintenance, functionality, performance, and attractiveness.
8. Plan and manage small repair and remodeling projects.
9. Develop and maintain strong relationships with local fire departments, police departments, building inspectors, and other officials. Maintain compliance with all applicable building codes and environmental regulations.
10. Investigate and respond to occupant complaints.
11. Manage the campus card access and key programs.
12. Inspect facilities to evaluate work processes, quality and quantity of work performed.
13. Inspect facilities to insure compliance with Department of Commerce standards inclusive of fire/safety, ADA and building standards.
14. Manage the campus snow removal program.
Human Resource Management:
1. Directly supervise all campus-based facilities staff.
2. Oversee staff compliance with all applicable labor and safety laws and procedures.
3. Provide mentorship and support to facilities staff.
4. Engage and collaborate with other Supervisors of Facilities Management as well as staff in the UW Oshkosh Office of Human Resources to develop and implement strong staff training programs.
5. Conduct staff performance reviews and establish accountability measures.
6. Complete incident and accident reports.
1. Prepare, analyze and manage the facilities operations and maintenance budgets for the UW Oshkosh Fond du Lac campus, as well as budget allocations provided by counties and cities.
2. Perform cost/benefit analyses on products, equipment, and services.
3. Comply with all applicable state, and UW System procurement rules and procedures.
4. Review and approve invoices for payment.
1. Serve on campus committees, work planning groups, and other advisory bodies.
2. Participate in crisis response and continuity of operations planning activities.
3. Other duties as assigned.