A. Steam distribution and condensate return systems
1. Install, repair, maintain and remodel steam distribution and condensate return systems to include high and low-pressure piping, reducing stations, valves, operators, traps, strainers, etc.
2. Maintain steam pits and equipment: steam traps, expansion joints (both packing and lubrication) sump pumps and high and low pressure valves on steam and condensate lines.
3. Troubleshoot any or all campus steam operating or steam producing equipment to ensure smooth and proper operation for uninterrupted service to the campus.
4. Read and interpret building and heating system plans, blueprints, drawings and sketches.
5. Measure, thread and install black iron threaded pipe and associated fittings.
B. Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning
1. Install, repair, maintain and remodel heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment to include: Window air conditioners, Split system air conditioners, Centrifugal chillers from 150-1400 ton, Reciprocating compressors – tin can hermetic and repairable semi hermetic units; evacuate and recharge refrigerant.
2. Troubleshoot pneumatic controls; calibrate, repair or replace; calibrate new installations.
3. Maintain, repair and install electronic/electrical control systems.
4. Repair or replace coils or heat exchanging units, associated valves, dampers or controls connected to units.
5. Repair or replace supply, return and exhaust fans, bearings, belts, filters, etc.
6. Operate the JC Metasys energy management system to monitor and maintain building temperatures. 7. Test and treat hot and chilled water closed loop systems.
C. Gas and arc welding, high temperature brazing, silver soldering and low temperature soft soldering 1. Certified to arc weld black iron, stainless and galvanized piping using 6010 and 7018.
2. Perform high temperature brazing and silver-soldering using silphos15 and silver solder 45 to fuse copper, copper to steel and stainless, cutting and fitting black iron pipe using an oxy-acetylene torch.
3. Weld aluminum metal with both mig and tig techniques (e.g. light poles, food service equipment).
4. Fabricate structural steel for hangers, brackets and rack systems using black iron, aluminum, galvanized metal and stainless steel.
5. Use low temperature soldering techniques for uses within 50/50, camfield and stay-brite 8 solders; assure leak proof joints with drip-free solder joints.
D. Natural gas and propane systems
1. Install, troubleshoot and repair: Furnaces – forced air, Hot water/steam boilers, Ovens – grills, Deep fryers and associated baker/food service equipment, Bunsen burners, gas valves, manual and automatic energized valves, Gas powered generators.
2. Repair and replace piping associated with the above equipment.
E. Miscellaneous Duties
1. Complete work orders and paper work in a timely manner.
2. Update and redraw plans, blueprints, and sketches as remodel or replacement of equipment takes place.
3. Provide HVAC assistance to other maintenance staff.
4. Attend seminars, classes, and schools appropriate to this field. 5. Other duties as assigned.