Director, Testing Services
Job no: 496960
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Non-Instructional Academic Staff
||Director, Testing Services
||Director, Unspecified (6)
|Terms of Employment:
This position manages Testing Services operations, is responsible for financial management, and provides leadership and supervision to staff in each of the unit's divisions: Classroom Test Administration, Computer Based testing, Test Scanning and Scoring, and Business and Professional Testing. This position often works Saturdays and occasional evening hours. The position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Faculty & Staff Affairs.
- Promote Testing Services to internal and external constituents;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents;
- Work cooperatively with external agencies to address challenges;
- Develop, implement and maintain written protocol for office management, unit services, and quality control;
- Enhance access to departmental services;
- Identify and reduce inefficiencies;
- Personally administer tests for internal and external stakeholders;
- Communicate space, technology and operational needs;
- Understand and apply creative solutions to meet constituent assessment needs;
- Serve as the primary assessment contact and resource for internal and external constituents;
- Provide reports to university administration as requested;
- Employ the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
25% Fiscal Management
- Plan, direct, and track financial resources;
- Identify new revenue streams and grow existing relationships;
- Focus expenditures on providing effective constituent service;
- Identify, monitor and mitigate financial risks;
- Assist in preparing five-year budget plan.
25% Leadership & Staff Supervision
- Lead, manage, provide direction for, and evaluate department staff;
- Maximize work efficiencies to optimize service levels and capitalize on
- revenue opportunities;
- Identify opportunities for, and provide, staff development;
- Support and back up each area of Testing Services;
- Create an environment that fosters workplace joy.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Experience administering tests in large & small group, paper & pencil, and computer-based formats;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage change;
- Ability to generate new, and increase existing, revenue pools;
- Ability to develop new clientele and maintain existing business relationships;
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing, training and managing professional staff;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management;
- Experience in short- and long-term planning;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong customer relations skills;
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals at all levels of the university and Oshkosh community;
- Ability to employ National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Master's degree;
- Familiarity with best practices in testing;
- Experience managing all or part of a testing center;
- Demonstrated experience in generating new, and increasing existing, revenue pools;
- Demonstrated experience with developing new clientele and maintaining existing business relationships;
- Demonstrated experience with and awareness of NCTA security and ethics standards;
- Work experience in Higher Education;
- Current or past membership in the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
1. Cover letter
2. Resume or curriculum vitae
3. Contact information for three, professional references (including email addresses)
UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by Friday, May 31, 2019, are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend