70% A. Performance of Custodial Duties
1. Clean, disinfect and stock restrooms daily.
2. Remove waste materials.
3. Clean and disinfect drinking fountains daily.
4. Sweep, dust mop, mop and vacuum floors and stairs.
5. Clean windows and other bright work surfaces.
6. Clean and polish furniture.
7. Dust wall vents, grates, doorframes, louvers, ledges,
8. Replace light bulbs, tubes and lenses.
9. Deep clean and sanitize surfaces; scrub floors in restrooms.
10. Spot clean walls, carpet, furniture, blinds and drapes.
11. Extract carpet and upholstery.
12. Maintain building security by unlocking and locking assigned areas.
13. Maintain walks and entrances (sweep and clean, remove snow and ice).
14. Fill in for absent custodians.
25% B. Performance of Custodial Lead work Duties
1. Assign job tasks and determine work priorities for permanent, temporary and student employees, in the absence of a supervisor.
2. Perform and assign room & event set ups; furniture moves, etc.
3. Move furniture, office equipment to set up, relocate offices, apartments, etc. using all safety precautions.
4. Lead group cleaning activities – plan, assign and review work for thoroughness and completeness; participate in cleaning projects.
5. Plan product needs for special projects; request, store and deliver.
6. Distribute supplies to buildings/custodians.
7. Train permanent, temporary and student employees in all aspects of custodial cleaning, equipment operation, chemicals, department standards, etc.
8. Assist supervisors in maintaining proper building coverage, including weekends.
5% C. Miscellaneous Duties
1. Inspect custodial cleaning equipment for needed repairs; complete required Work Order form; pick up, deliver, distribute equipment.
2. Clean and maintain custodial equipment; report problems to supervisor.
3. Assist with hiring, training and evaluating student staff.
4. Report needed building repairs; complete required forms.
5. Assist in emergency clean ups.
6. Other duties as assigned.