65% Coordination of Clinical Placements
* Provide management, guidance, development, and support of Practicum & Internship clinical experiences within the Department of Professional Counseling.
* Maintain consistent communication and visitation (majority in-person - use of own vehicle), with clinical sites and serve as a liaison between students, sites and site supervisors and program faculty and staff.
* Participate in departmental faculty meetings to provide input on student clinical progress.
* Actively pursue current opportunities in the community for collaboration and clinical placement of students - follow up on contacts, cold-call and meet with sites, maintain relationships with graduates as future site supervisors. Maintain Current Online Site Database form.
* Provide consistent input to Professional Counseling faculty regarding student progress and appropriateness of established clinical sites.
* Collaborate with department faculty and staff to keep a current and updated listing of clinical placement opportunities on the Professional Counseling Department webpage. Also, keep the Practicum, Internship and Site Supervisor information on the department webpages current.
* Advisement of students regarding placements. Scheduled meetings with students to help guide them in their pursuit of placements, as needed.
* Coordinate and facilitate annual site supervisor (on campus) training.
15% Data & Assessment
* Assessment oversight of student site experiences and creation and follow through of Student Disposition Plans as needed when connected to site experiences.
* Consult with Professional Counseling faculty to revise and update clinical evaluations and assessment instruments.
* Provide needed assessment and policy writing support for Professional Counseling Department assessment plan and strategic planning purposes.
* Complete relevant assessment reporting responsibilities per accreditation requirements and department chair’s direction.
* Contact legal team, affiliation agreement parties, risk management team, school districts, etc. as needs arise related to site experiences.
* Teach appropriate clinical courses (e.g., Practicum/Internship) when needed.
* Provide supervision for community collaboration experiences and for clinical courses when required.
5% Other Duties as Assigned