||Associate University Relations Specialist
||Non-instructional Academic Staff
|Terms of Employment:
Reporting to director of marketing, the marketing specialist will serve as an integral member of the UMC marketing communications team. This position will be responsible for supporting the University’s marketing and communications strategy by working with campus stakeholders to produce high-quality marketing materials.
The marketing specialist will serve as an account liaison for various departments at the University and will meet with stakeholders to assess marketing needs and opportunities, conduct research, recommend strategy and produce marketing deliverables.
In addition to marketing coordination, the associate marketing manager will also contribute to the content strategy of the University through the contribution of copy for web, news releases, feature stories, social networks, fundraising efforts, newsletters, advertising and e-communication.
Within the UMC team, this position serves as a writer/editor for University publications and other marketing products, including magazines and websites, and various college, department and program materials. The associate marketing manager will champion the institution’s marketing strategy, develop best practices, maintain high standards of copywriting and serve as a project manager, providing creative direction, as needed.
Marketing project management and production
- Respond to project requests by meeting with department stakeholders and assessing marketing needs and opportunities
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Work with a team of designers, photographers and videographers to create on brand marketing materials, such as brochures, direct mail, email campaigns, etc.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Serve as client contact, project manager and writer/editor of projects assigned
- Conduct interviews and research as needed
- Organize team meetings and client presentations
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, mail, email, digital campaign, etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
Preparation of content for University publications, news/media relations efforts and marketing collateral
- Propose and execute editorial content, working closely with other writers, photographers/videographers and social media team members
- Cultivate authors and sources, commissioning stories and editing articles (copyediting and substantive editing)
- Plan, write and edit articles, short-format pieces and related web content
- Research, conduct interviews and write/edit news stories and releases
- Assist editorial team with story generation, writing, editing and production for Engage and College level magazines, including writing, copyediting and proofreading at various stages of magazine production
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or closely related field
- Proven experience working as a marketing coordinator or in a similar capacity
- Thorough understanding of marketing activities (including traditional and digital marketing) and market research methods
- Skilled proficiency to interview, research and write original stories, articles, news releases and magazine features
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience developing marketing materials for internal and external audiences
- Skilled proficiency to edit and proofread
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style
- At least three years’ experience in a marketing role
- Experience working with website content management systems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Marketing experience in higher education
- Proven experience in planning, implementing and maintaining social media strategy and campaigns for large organizations.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (feature story, news article or sample marketing materials)
- Contact Information for 3 Professional References
UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by April 19, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.